Are you annoyed by strangers tagging you in Instagram posts? Or do you simply want to get rid of people who tag you in irrelevant memes or promotional posts all day long? Well, there are several ways to manage who can tag you in Instagram photos, videos, stories, captions or comments. In this article, let’s look at some quick and easy ways to prevent people from tagging you on Instagram posts.
Related | 2 ways to remove followers on Twitter without blocking them
Prevent people from tagging you on Instagram
By default, anyone can tag you in the photos or videos they post on Instagram. In addition, people can also tag you to link your account in their stories, comments, live videos, and post comments.
Sometimes, it can be embarrassing to deal with these signs. Fortunately, Instagram gives you complete control over who can tag you, if any consent is needed, and whether you can be flagged in other places like captions, comments, and stories. Read on.
Method 1 – Prevent others from tagging you in Instagram photos or videos
The easiest way to prevent others from tagging you on Instagram posts is to turn off tags. Once tags are not allowed, no one will be able to tag you in their photos and videos. When they try to do that, they’ll see if you don’t allow tags from everyone.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Go to your profile, open the hamburger menu, and select Settings.
- Here, select Privacy and then trusses under Interactions.
- If you don’t want anyone to tag you, select Nobody.
- Or, if you want to allow tags from people you know, select People you follow.
Method 2 – Request approval to be featured in Instagram posts
Instagram also lets you manually review and approve each tag. Once enabled, you can approve posts that were tagged before they appeared on your profile. This can come in handy when you don’t want to turn off tags while still controlling which tagged posts appear on your profile.
- Open the Instagram app and head to Settings > Privacy > trusses.
- Next, tap Manually approve tags Within tagged posts.
- Enable toggle for Manually approve tags If not already.
- Here, you can see all the Instagram posts you are tagged in.
- You can also watch by clicking hanging tags To view and approve marks awaiting approval.
Method 3 – Remove yourself from tagged photos or videos on Instagram
If you want to untag or remove yourself from Instagram photos and videos that appear on your profile, follow the steps below.
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap logo card An icon to see all posts you are tagged in.
- Click on the photo or video you want to untag yourself from.
- tap on Three-dot list and choose Tags options.
- Choose remove me From Post to untag yourself.
- If you just want to remove it from appearing on your profile, select Hide from my profile.
You can also use these steps to remove tags from posts that are pending approval of the tags described in Method 2 above.
Method 4 – Prevent others from tagging you in Instagram Caption, Comments, Stories, Live Videos
Finally, you can prevent others from mentioning your account in comments, comments, stories and live videos. This can be very useful, especially when you want to get rid of unwanted spam, such as flagging a gift or promotional feedback.
- Go to your Instagram profile and open the hamburger menu.
- Choose Settings and click Privacy.
- then select Mentionsed under Interactions.
- If you want to prevent everyone from tagging you, select Nobody.
- If you only want to stop mentions from unknown people, select People you follow.
These were some of the easy and practical ways to prevent others from tagging you on Instagram posts. We’ve mentioned ways to prevent tagging in posts, comments, and captions, and steps to remove your tags. I hope this helps you to have a clutter-free experience on the platform. Let me know if you have any doubts in the comments below. Stay tuned for more.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News Or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join Tools for using Telegram Group Or for the latest videos review subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.